Trail Run Championship 2018
2 Sep 2018, Sunday
Date: Sunday, 2nd September 2018
Time: 3 pm to 5:30 pm (Registration opens at 2pm)
Venue: MacRitchie Reservoir Park
Moulmein-Cairnhill CSC and Tanjong Pagar-Tiong Bahru CSC are jointly organising the MacRitchie 6.4 Trail Run 2018 on 2nd September 2018 at MacRitchie Reservoir Park. Trail Runners can participate in either a 3.2km or 6.4km trail run depending on the category.
Categories, Prizes & Schedule
Simply sign up and make payment online.
You may register for a group of participants > 10 participants via 2 ways:
1 ) Send us an email at email@example.com with the subject matter "SPREAD SHEET GROUP REGISTRATION MACRITCHIE 6.4"
2 ) Please state the number of participants per category
3 ) Upon successful online payment we will send you an spread sheet to fill up.
4 ) Return the spreadsheet without amending or deleting the columns.
ONLINE PROMO CODE
1 ) Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter "PROMO CODE GROUP REGISTRATION MACRITCHIE 6.4"
2 ) Please state the number of participants per category
3 ) Upon successful online payment we will send you the necessary promo codes which will enable you to sign up online
Please allow 2-3 working days for reply
*Registration Closing Date - 11 August 2018
• In order to qualify for the discounted entry, Participants must either
o be staying in the Tanjong Pagar GRC;
o register in bulk (aka Bulk Registration of 5 or more participants); or
o have an active Passion Card.
• Runners doing 6.4 km are encourage to Bring Your Own Bottle (“BYOB”) to reduce any environmental impact. Cups will still be provided for runners without their own bottles.
• Medals will be given to the top 3 finishers of each category.
Race Pack Collection
Date & Time:
18 August 2018 1.00pm to 4.00pm
19 August 2018 10.00am to 1.00pm
Venue: Pek Kio Community Centre
Participants need to present the following original documents for race pack collection
• Identification (such as NRIC / Driving License or Passport)
o For participants with a discounted entry, using an address in Tanjong Pagar GRC, please ensure that the correct address is shown on your identification.
• Passion Card (For participants using the Passion card discount)
You can authorise a representative to collect your race pack on your behalf. The following documents must be presented when the representative is collecting the race pack:
• Race pack collection authorisation form (to be downloaded here)
• Participant’s confirmation slip
• Photocopy of participant’s NRIC
• Photocopy of representative’s NRIC
Compressport T-shirt (Please see sizing below. Note that the Organizers have a limited quantity of each T-shirt size. Participants registering late might not be able to get their size of choice.)
Goody bag with sponsored items
Strava Segment: https://www.strava.com/segments/15286052
• Starting point and finishing point is indicated by the green circle
• Route is to be run anti-clockwise
• Hydration is only available at the starting point. Please plan accordingly.
• 6.4 km runners will run 2 loops.
Rules and Regulations
1. The Organisers reserve the right to use any photograph, motion picture, recording, or any other record of this event and its participants for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising and future publicity for the event.
2. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the rules and regulations without prior notification.
3. The Organisers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event without any prior notification, in which case, the fees are non-refundable
1. Participants must be of the right age as per the Age Group category stipulated above.
2. Participants below the age of 18 must seek parental or guardian consent and fill in the relevant indemnity form when registering online. Failing which, The Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to the participant.
3. Registration will not be accepted after the closing date.
4. Upon successful registration, you are not allowed to change the category that you have registered for.
5. All run category registrations are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
6. The Organisers reserve the right to close registration before the official closing date should participation reach its capacity.
7. The Organisers will not be responsible for any dispute arising from incomplete or incorrect information submitted by participants.
8. The Organisers reserve the right to limit and refuse entries.
9. A confirmation slip will be sent to the participant’s email address after the registration is successfully completed.
10. Each participant can only participate in one competitive category.
11. The registration will only be completed when full payment is made.
1. While every reasonable precaution will be taken by The Organisers to ensure participants' safety, participants are advised to exercise due care and The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage, whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
2. The Organisers reserve the right to remove any unattended bags at the event premises for security reasons and will not be responsible for any losses and/or damages to the belongings.
3. Only registered participants for the respective categories are allowed access to the Start Point. Runners must wear their assigned participant bibs on the front of their running attire near their chest area at all times during the race. Participants not wearing their assigned participant bibs will be asked to leave the course by event officials and may result in disqualification.
4. A participant's failure to observe the Rules and Regulations may result in disqualification.
5. A grace period of 15 minutes after the commencement of the run will be given for latecomers. Any participant who reports later than this grace period will not be allowed to participate in the run. For the competitive categories, latecomers should be aware that their race timing commences when the race begins.
6. Support vehicles or pacers (other than those officially appointed by The Organisers) are not allowed.
7. A participant who protests against another competitor or notifies of violation by a contestant must do so to The Organisers within 30 minutes of the release of the official results. All decisions made by The Organisers shall be final and irrefutable.
8. The Organisers reserve the right to stop any participant deemed physically incapable (i.e. severe physical harm) from continuing the race.
9. All participants are required to report at the Start Point at least 30 minutes prior to flag-off time.
10. A participant must retire from the race immediately if requested by any member of the official medical staff.
11. No pets or any form of wheel-run objects or transport, e.g. in-line skates, prams, pushchairs, shoes with rollers etc, are allowed on the course.
12. All participants must only wear their assigned participant bib. Transfer of participant bib is strictly not allowed.
13. If there is inclement weather, the Organisers will assess the situation and decide whether to proceed with the race, if conditions are safe. No refunds will be given if the race is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
1. All participants must wear the assigned participant bib at all times during the race
2. Participants are to return the bib to The Organisers after the race. A fee of $50 will be charged for unreturned bibs.
3. The adopted timing device is the sole means of race timing measurement.
4. The Organisers will not be responsible for any inaccuracies in participant’s race timings.
5. An identification antenna is embedded in the race bib for competitive participants. The participant’s particulars and timings will be recorded electronically. Participants who fail to bring their participant bib on the event day cannot participate as competitive runners.
6. The Organisers will not refund participants who forget to bring their race bib on the race day.
7. Participants of the competitive categories are to run through the gantries set up at various points along the route. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
Safety & Medical Advisory
1. Participants are not eligible to participate in any of the competitive categories if they have ticked "Yes" to any of the PAR-Q questions. (Download link here)
2. Should any participant feel unwell in the course of the race, he/she should stop and seek immediate medical attention at the designated medical posts.
3. Participants should prepare themselves adequately and gradually increase the duration and intensity of their training over several weeks prior to the event.
4. Participants should ensure that they are well rested and hydrated prior to the run.
5. Participants are advised not to attend the event should they have fever, cough, breathing difficulties or severe muscle ache.
6. Participants are advised to consult their medical practitioner to certify them fit to participate in the event.
7. Participants who have doubts about their suitability to participate in this event (e.g. those on medication or those who have had recent health conditions) are advised to consult their medical practitioner prior to participation in the event.
8. To minimise injuries, always do at least 15 minutes of warm-up/stretching before the start and at the end of training and the run.
9. Participants are advised against the consumption of alcohol or stimulants or any kind of drugs within 24 hours of the race.
10. Participants are advised to dress lightly for the run.
1. Will there be transport provided to the event venue?
No. There will be no transport provided to the event venue. Participants are encouraged to take public transport or park at the MacRitchie Reservoir Car Park.
2. Is there a baggage deposit area?
No. Participants are advised to travel light.
3. Can I bring my baby in the stroller without registering my child for the race?
No, only registered participants who wear their participant bibs will be allowed into the start area and along the running route.
4. Can I use roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, motorcycles, cars, bus etc… to get from point to point?
This is a trail race. No form of assistance, both motorised or un-motorised, will be permitted
5. Will there be route closures?
No, the route will still open to other trail runners/joggers. Participants are advised to exercise due caution when running on the trails.
6. Are dogs permitted?
No dogs or animals will be allowed into the starting area.
7. What is the start pen open for the various categories?
The starting pen will open 30 mins and close 10 mins before each respective flag-off
8. Is there a cut-off timing?
The race will officially be completed by 5:30 pm, or whenever the last participant returns from the run, whichever is earlier. Any participants finishing later will be giving a Did Not Finish (or “DNF”).
9. What if I am injured during the race or otherwise unable to finish the race?
Please approach the nearest first aiders deployed along the route. Participants who require immediate medical attention may alert the route marshals.
10. Will I get my race timing?
Yes. All participants in the competitive categories will get their nett timing. Prize winners are determined based on gun time. These will be available via the event website after the event.
11. Do I need to return my race bib?
Yes. In the interest of protect our environments, the organizers have decided to utilize reusable bibs. These bibs must be returned at the end of the race. If you are unable to attend the race, kindly return it to Pek Kio CC by 9th September 2018. A fee of $50 will be levied if the bibs are not returned.
· Pek Kio Community CC - 6299 0565
· Tanjong Pagar CC – 6223 0748
IMPORTANT: All information published on this website is subject to change or expiration without notice. Please make regular checks for the latest information and updates.
Organiser and Partners